MAOUP Malaysia (hereinafter referred to as "this/our website") values your privacy on the Internet. To give you an idea of the rights to protect your personal information (personal data is information that identifies you and is undisclosed, such as name, address, email address or phone number) when you visit our website, we will explain the following terms. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.
Personal Information Collection
1. Information You Voluntarily Give Us
a) Customer Registration
When you want to join as a member of this website, we collect your contact information (user's name, email address, telephone number, date of birth and gender).
For users' convenience, you can instead sign up by linking your Facebook or Google account.
b) Billing and After Service Purpose
To process payments or donations, we collect and use your payment information. This can include your name, your address, your telephone number, your email address, your credit or debit card information and any other relevant information. We use them for shipping services and follow-up if required.
c) User-Generated Content
If a user uploads, posts or submits any content on our website & social media, you represent to us that you have all the necessary legal rights to upload, post or submit such content and it will not violate any law or the rights of any person.
d) Contests and Special Offers
When you sign up for these, you give us your name, email and any other required information.
e) Contact Us for Service Information
We collect information from you when you place an order from our website or contact customer service via one of our available contacts.
2. Information Collected Automatically
When you visit and interact with our website, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
● Your IP Address
● Your Location
● Your Operating System
● Your Browser
● Your Activities on Our Website
● Web Pages and Advertisements that You View, and Links that You Click On
● Device Types
● Other Information Collected through HTML Cookies and Similiar Technologies.
3. Information Collected From Other Sources
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
● if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Google Sign-In) through our website, your username and connection lists for those services;
● demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests; and
● advertisement interaction and data analytics such as ad click-through rates, the frequency you viewed a particular ad, engagement data, and your website activities.
Please note that we may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain from third-party sources.
Personal Information Usage
1. E-mail Communications
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as parcel shipment updates, information about your account or changes, and promotional messages about our own (MAOUP Malaysia) products and services. If you signed up for our e-mail newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
In order to provide our followers with the latest promotional news, we display advertisements on the Facebook and Instagram platforms by using Meta distribution business tools, many of which are targeted based on information about you. For example, using information collected through Conversion API, Facebook Pixel, and other sources, we may use demographic data, engagement data or information about your website activities to display targeted advertising that may be relevant to your preferences. Through this process, we reach visitors who performed any activity (add to cart and purchase) and are most interested in our products and services.
Other third parties such as Sitegiant, Manychat and Mailchimp also may provide customer data for personalising the advertising experience between the advertisers (our internal team) and readers.
3. Analytical and Marketing Purpose
We analyze data on our users’ subscription, purchase and usage behaviours. This helps us make business and marketing decisions. For example, our analysis lets us predict preferences and marketing trends for particular products and promotional events. This website will never disclose, rent or resell your personal information to third parties without your consent, or use your information for other purposes without prior notice to you.
We verify that our internal processes work as intended and comply with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
5. Other Request Fulfillment
We may use the information that we collect to fulfil your requests for products, services, and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the site such as surveys, follow-ups, shipment tracking, and other promotional messages.
Information Modification / Deletion
1. Your Website Account
When you register as a member on this website, you can use your username ID and password to change or delete the information you originally provided to ensure its correctness or accuracy.
You can deactivate your account at any time. We might need to keep certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete a transaction you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. Call us for account deletion.
2. Cookie Data Usage
User has the right to choose either to accept the cookie data or reject all cookies. A cookie is a technology used by a web server to communicate with a user's browser. It may store certain information on the user's computer, but the user can cancel or restrict this function through the browser settings. The cancellation of the function will result in you not being able to use some of the main features of this website. If you want to know how to set, cancel or limit this feature, you can contact us by email or phone number.
3. Facebook Connect
If you want to disconnect your Facebook account with our website, choose the Settings button > select Apps and websites > remove button to continue.
Click HERE for more advanced Facebook privacy settings.
Please note that you may disconnect at any time. Facebook may store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others. Information associated with your account will be kept until your Facebook account is deleted unless Facebook no longer needs the data to provide products and services.
We offer a variety of commercial emails and email newsletters. You can unsubscribe from them by following the “unsubscribe” instructions near the bottom of the email. You can also email us at email@example.com for further assistance.
Personal Information Disclosure
This website does not sell, rent or lend your personal data to anyone or company without your consent. But there are exceptions in some cases. These conditions include (but are not limited to):
● If your actions on this website have violated the terms of service of this website or may harm or hinder the rights of this website, or your actions have caused damage to anyone, as long as we believe that, disclosure of your personal information will be used to identify, contact or take necessary legal action.
● When the judicial unit or other competent authority requires us to disclose certain personal data or public information on this website, we will take into consideration of user’s safety first and may act or comply in accordance with the legal and formal procedures of the judicial unit.
Account & Profile Privacy Protection
● To protect your privacy and security, your account information will be password protected.
● When you want to edit some of the personal data and privacy pages, such as membership information, this website will ask you to enter your account identification information to confirm your identity.
● In order to ensure the security of your account and personal information, in addition to our promotion of various security mechanisms, please also update your operating system and anti-virus software.
Third Parties Acknowledgement